The following files are the results of my various interests in music theory.
I will add more as I get them converted to e-text (or scanned). Many of these are related to
the writings of Joseph Schillinger which I have found to be continuing resources of inspiration especially in the application of "resultants of interference" in a tremendous
variety of ways. All files are (*.TXT) text files unless otherwise indicated, such as for ZIP, GIF or PDF.
- 12-Tone Scale Tuning Temperaments
- International Scales
- A ZIP archive of the 1922 Scales for Any Root within the 12-tone System
- Basic Forms of Regularity and Coordinations [ZIP archive]
- Harmonic Chord Cycles [ZIP archive]
- Scale/Chord Parameters
- General Scalar Families
- Palindromic Scales
- Scale Expansion Sequences
- General Chord Voicing Combinbations
- Generic 9th-13th Chord Forms for Guitar
- Chord Substitution Guidelines
- Musical Clef Signs [GIF image]
- Three Proposed Percussion Notations (for General MIDI Level 1) PDF file]
- General MIDI Level 2 Percussion Maps for the "extra" Lo (27-34) and Hi (82-88) Drum Notes [PDF file]
- MIDI Playback Definitions for Articulations and Expressions [GIF image]
- The 26 Essential Drum Rudiments" [PDF file]
- Morse Code Music Characters (for Snare Drum)" [PDF file]
- Time Signature Conversions [PDF file]
- Harmonic Transition Preferences [PDF file]
- Integer Harmonic Ratios of ANGLES [PDF file]
- Simplified Notation Support of Tuple Meters (PDF file)
- Primary Chord Resolutions (PDF file)
- MidiTzer Style 260SP Default MIDI Configuration [PDF File]
- Finale 2012 Template Score for MidiTzer Style 260SP Setup [PDF File]
- Alternate Tunings for the Roland VG-99 [PDF File]
- Pure Cyclic Chord Progressions [PDF File]
- Voicings of a C Major Chord (Applied to Different Tunings for String Instruments) [PDF File]
- Swing Blues Bass Patterns [PDF File]
- Staff Page Rastral Sized Templates.pdf [PDF File]
- Guitar Chord Grids [PDF File]
Of particular interest to me are the subjects of musical tuning systems and
scales, and algorithmic music composition among which are the following links.
- Lucy Scale Development (tuning
system based on the theories of John Harrison and developed by Charles Lucy)
- Pitch Pallete (realtime tuning control)
- Koan Pro (an interactive audio and music generative authoring system)
- Symbolic Composer (a Lisp based music programming environment)
- ArtWonk [or MusicWonk] (an icon based music programming environment)
- Band-in-a-Box Pro (an auto-accompaniment program with user definable styles)
- The Jammer Professional (an auto-accompaniment program with user definable styles)
For more info on the Schillinger System of Musical Composition, visit: The Schillinger School of Music.
Return to my Home Page.
All contents Copyrght © 2012 by Benjamin Robert Tubb.
Last updated on 30 April 2014 by Benjamin Robert Tubb.